Nature has a unique yet beautiful way of improving its own curb appeal and flowers are the tools which it uses! There are millions of flowers available in nature that have different color combinations, shapes and sizes, and they complement their own foliage very well. This is why they say, that flowers look the best when they are grown naturally than placing them in a vase or bundling them in a bouquet. Flower beds for gardens, patios or backyards are the best examples of using these beautiful creations of nature to the fullest.
But when you have a flower garden or flower beds in your outdoors, you can’t just let them grow in a haphazard manner. You have to make arrangements to contain them by preparing an edge or a border, so that they look even more attractive. Flower bed edging is a wonderful way of adding systematics to your garden, and using natural ideas could surely improve its aesthetic value. Here are some useful ideas mentioned just for you, take a look.
Flower Bed Edging Ideas
Along with flowers, it is very essential to add a border to these flower beds as they give a specific amount of room for your flowering plants to grow and the plants don’t look messy and unmaintained. Flower bed edging ideas are also used to separate the area of the flower bed from a walkway, a deck, a water feature, etc., which is to be used for a different purpose. Thus, it is very important to give your garden an organized look with beautiful flowers growing in a contained manner inside the edges. You can use a number of flower bed edging products such as stones, bricks, wood, metal, etc., to create these edges and match them with the rest of your garden.
- One of the prettiest, most readily available and convenient choices for flower bed edging materials are the different types of rocks. This can be used as a category to include bricks, stones, river rocks and any other naturally produced lump of mineral.
- The reason they are one of the best choices in flower garden ideas is because they are extremely cheap, they make the garden and flower bed look very close to nature and they are endlessly durable in any weather condition for as long as you would expect.
- To start with the aesthetic beauty of bricks, I would like to say that having an edge built with red bricks can give your flower bed a very neat and organized look. The color of these bricks also match most of the flowering plants, people usually have in their gardens.
- Medium and large sized stones on the other hand, look more raw because they lack shape and specificity. But this is what makes the flower bed look more natural and authentic. River rocks, both big and small (polished), also look very presentable as edges.
- Another broad category of flower bed edging styles is the use of wood in any form, such as planks, logs, railroad ties, fences, etc. These are also one of those choices which are very convenient to find and are durable for a long time.
- If you have a large flower bed, you can combine stone and wooden edges to make the border strong and effective. But, using singular edges can prove to be more economical in nature. Using planks or pre-built wood fences makes a solid border for the flower bed and the plants get enough space to grow.
- Logs or railroad ties on the other hand are used in cases of country or modern gardens, and they give the flower bed an explicitly rustic coat. The horizontal wooden edges are very durable in harsh weather conditions, thus last longer and don’t need much maintainance.
- Wooden lattice fences could work to give your flower bed, more of a vegetable garden look! Since these white or varnished fences have a traditional and timeless feel to them, they can complement the flower bed very well.
- If you don’t want to depend on the durability of natural edging materials like rocks and wood, but would like to have their visual effects, you should go for artificial products such as concrete, metal, wire fences, PVC, etc.
- You would have to invest some extra money in these, but there are no maintainance costs for these edging materials. Concrete edging for flower beds are similar to rock edges, but these are built in the ground and are stronger than the bricks.
- Metal flower bed edging on the other hand is slightly more expensive, as you could use short wrought iron fences for bordering your flower beds. However, these look very stylish as they are black and gel beautifully with colored flowers.
With these great ideas for flower bed edging, you can choose to make your gardens as beautiful as paradise! Take your time and invest the best in your outdoors, to complete the curb appeal of your home.